Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HOW GREAT THOU ART


this is one of my favor tie hymns ever- especially sung by The Statler Brothers-, we sang it at the praise service at church last Wednesday night, it always gives me such wonderful memories.

I remember as a kid sitting in the dark in my dads room listening to The Grand Ole Opry on Saturday nights- the radio we had picked it up but not with the lights on-. And The Statler Brothers always sang How Great Thou Art, it was always so wonderful and in the dark it was like being alone with God and singing along with his angels. I just loved it so and still do anything that brings you closer to the Lord is a good thing.

I feel so blessed to have my kids now singing it along with me.Praise God.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I love this hymn as well!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

What a beautiful hymn, and such sweet memories.

Lori said...

I lost my dad in Nov of 2007 and this was one of his favorites. Thanks for reminding me of it because it brought back some really fond memories for me too.