Monday, June 1, 2009
Making summer plans
we set down during lunch notebook in hand and made a list of what we would like to do this summer. I thought it would be a simple list, it turned into a ten page book:-) But we put everything in there.Simple stuff, places to go, things to learn, chores to do-yes there are some that are summer time chores-like power washing the porch-.
Anyhow here's a few things on the list.
1. eat lots of watermelon
2. catch lightening bugs.
3. teddy bear picnic- we actually did this today-
4. Go to Rocks State Park and go tubing.
5. Go to Washington D.C.
6. fix up our boat.
7. have a wiffle ball tournament with the family.
8. Make ice cream.
9. go to the outdoor free concerts at the local high school
10. go to the drive-in.
11. go to an Orioles or Ironbirds game.
12. canoeing at the nature center.
14. roast marshmallows often.
15. hike the C&O Canal trail
16. Give Bandit a bath.
17. library reading program
18. Vacation Bible School
19. Have a garden tea party
20. Go to Calvertt Cliffs to hunt for sharks teeth.
21. pick strawberries and make jam.
22. swimming in the pool.
23. snowballs- sky blue yummo !!
25. make and blow our own bubbles.
26. make and hang bathouses.
That's a very condensed version of the list. Should be a fun and activity filled summer. What fun do you have planned for this fun time of year.