Monday, May 4, 2009

a bittersweet visit


yesterday afternoon my husband and I attended a memorial service for the father of some good friends, we had not seen in a couple of years.We also saw several friends we had not seen kids and busy lives sometimes do that.
These fellows actually introduced my hubby and I they had a friend who had a friend etc.. and invited him to a holiday party I was having and well, here we are 16 years later:-)
So anyhow these friends have always been very dear and kind to us, and to visit them at the loss of their dad was a sad way to see them again. But they as always where very upbeat and full of joy, it always touches me when you go visit you leave feeling wonderful even though we went to comfort them.
Their dad was a veteran and the service was with full military honers- I had never seen this and it was very moving and touching- the flag was given to the young grandson, so he could have his pop always- not a dry eye in the house after that-.
What a touching loving service to their dad, who now joins their mom in heaven. I felt belssed to be a part of it.
I pray for peace and comfort for them in the folowing days as life settles back to the routime of daily living and when loss sometimes hits the most. May Jesus comfort them and keep them well.Would you all keep them in your prayers, their names are Mike and Cavett Kwiatkowski, thanks ladies. and blessings to you all today.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

count me in, I will be praying for your friends!

Madeline said...

They'll certainly be in my prayers. It sounds like God's peace has already started it's work in their hearts. What a blessing!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

It's always so sad when a loved one passes away. Before I knew Christ I had such a hard time going to funerals and memorail services. Now Knowing Him, I am still heart broken @ the loss. But the hope and promise that you will see them again in Heaven is what gets me through. So glad your friends have that hope too. I will be praying.