Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Friendly"s Day


Sunday afternoon while I ran a few quick errands, Doug took Adam and Grace to the Lowes in Hunt Valley to get screens for our new windows- you can't buy the screens with the windows anymore and the stores don;t keep them in stock either-. They both loved going on an adventure with daddy-Adam got a new book too-. And they where excited to 'help'- the screens are my moms day gift they are a bit costly so thats fine and now I can open the windows all the way not the crack we have been just to get some air in-.

Anyhow the big thrill of course was getting to go to Friendlys afterwards for lunch and ice cream, for Adam and Grace this is the best day ever.Look at those smiles.

6 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

It's funny as we get older the gifts get more practical. That's how it is here. I am so glad you are enjoying the fresh air. I wouldn't trade that for a new diamond ring:) I love letting the cool breeze blow through my house.

dongdong said...

what a cute picture!! Yeah, screens are best. We need to put screens on our front door. My grandma use to always open windows, even when it is freezing. She has to get some fresh air everyday.

Beverly said...

Glad you got some new windows and screens! Fresh air is great! I love your new blog header photo. So pretty!!!!: )

Madeline said...

Oh, that looks like some yummy ice cream!

Lisa said...

A great gift....opening the windows to their fullest on a beautiful spring day.

Leanne said...

Ah those Daddy's spoiling the little one's with sweet treats...memories indeed.