Wednesday, May 6, 2009

rain rain go away


at least for a few days, we have had rain almost non stop for over a week, and off and on longer then that, I know our water levels are still in need of much more to get us through the summer. But darn it, I miss the sun:-)And our ball games have been canceled for two weeks straight, and we miss that alot.

We are making the best of it, the kids go out and run and play in the rain, and we have been reading and baking and getting lots of school and indoor cleaning done. And we have been watching movies and curling up with popcorn in the evening. We have had dance contests, and all sorts of fun things to do.

We are just really looking forward to seeing a blue sky again, if only for a day or two:-) Of course I know in July we will be wishing for rain:-)

6 comments:

Beverly said...

We have had rain and cloudy days here too but I enjoy them because the sun will be here and so hot for months and months! It was so hot here today, yuk!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Oh bummer! I hope it lets up soon. Too much rain can get depressing.

dd said...

I hear you. Glad you have lot of great activities indoors.

Lisa said...

Oh, I know how you feel, I was feeling the same way last week. I hope the sun shines on you soon!

Lois Christensen said...

I know exactly how you feel! It's been raining here all week as well! Hope the sun comes out a bit for you today!!

Lori said...

I can feel your pain, but it is at least looking up here. We finally got to go outside and play for two days in a row! It was so great today...I pray the sun stays and you get some too!